Saturday, November 26, 2011

La lista de 2011/2012

Howdy folks

You'll notice that the title of this post is not in English; that's because I tried to learn a bit of Spanish recently. Apparently I'm still not very good at it, because I was leaning towards "El listo", which means "the ready". Of course, that wouldn't have made sense and you would've expected some surrealistic flimflam from this post (and you would've been disappointed). Fortunately, Google Translate was there to save my dignity and give you "La lista de 2011/2012", or "The list of 2011/2012".

In no particular order;

I want to play more golf
On the previous two lists, I said that I wanted to improve my score on a particular course. This time round, I want to improve my game in general, I want to enjoy the great outdoors and stay fit. This also means that I have to make more money and get more free time. If you have any idea how I can screw over the laws of the universe (in particular the one that says income and free time are the inverse of each other AKA "more money, less time; more time, less money"), please let me know.

Do more than I say
You know the drill by now.

Buy a new car
Not necessarily a German one, but something with a bigger boot and more safety and convenience features, at the very least.

Train my brain
Books, puzzles, whatever it takes to keep my head in shape.

Grow the business
This one explains itself.

That's it for now. I'm not being as overly ambitious as I was the previous years. I wanted to do a lot, but I ended up not doing much of it. Thus, if my list is shorter, I should be able to accomplish more of the items on it.

You'll also notice that one of the recurring items on the previous lists (hint: it's bred in large numbers on Venus) is missing. I've spent a lot of time pondering about my last relationship (and the ones before it). Quite frankly, if one looks at it historically, relationships aren't that great. Oftentimes, the bad ends up outweighing the good - so much so that the scale turns into a catapult and flings what little good there was right over the horizon. I've come to the realization that it's not something that I particularly want/need at this stage of my life. Sure, it would be nice, but I'm not about to go chasing after it. Besides, you can go play a round or two of golf for the cost of the average date.

Disclaimer: I've no intention to abandon my manners, my chivalric ideals, or all the other points that I discussed on Facebook not too long ago. I'm sticking to my guns in that regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment